Saturday, April 2, 2011

A New...


This is the exciting news that I mentioned earlier today.  This week in a whirlwind of events, I officially was offered and accepted a new job!  Starting next school year, I will be taking the place of a retiree as the 4th and 5th grade school counselor in our town!

Are you wondering why?

Here's the reason:  although I LOVE my job, the age of kiddos, the students, my coworkers, etc., this is the best move for my family right now.  It has really been on my heart that I need to find a better way to balance my roles...I feel like my job has been the primary recipient of my time and my kids have not come first like they should.  With this new position, I will be off work quite a bit earlier each day, I will be on a 9 month instead of a 10 month contract (giving me 4 more weeks to spend with my children), I will get to walk my kids to school and walk over and pick them up after school, and they will be right across the street from me.  As an added bonus, I get to work with some great people and with elementary kids!  I expect it to be a fun change!

I have to say, it is going to be hard not getting to work with my husband!  I know it may sound strange, but this year has been really great for Trevor and I.  I love seeing him every day.  Even before he gets home for the evening, I know what's been going on at work and am able to be sensitive to that.  Plus, he's just really fun to work with.  However, of the 11 years we've been married, this is the only one that we've worked in the same grade level and we did just fine before.  Thank goodness for texting...and E-mail...and phone lines. :)

  

3 comments:

  1. I thought that might be it! Congrats....I am sure the transition will be weird, but I am sure your family will love to have more of you. Love ya friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Congrats on the new job! You'll love working at an elementary school! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails