Sunday, January 29, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye...

...a precious, beautiful, amazing baby girl has turned into this...

...precious, beautiful, amazing, SEVEN YEAR OLD!

Some "stuff" about Miss M at 7 years old:
Favorites
Color-pink
Food-ice cream
Thing to learn about-Math
Friend-Eden Strickland
Thing to do by myself-build legos
Restaurant-Logan's Steakhouse
Book-Ivy and Bean
Movie-Barbie Princess Charm School
Game-UNO Attack
Bible Verse-John 3:16
Thing to do for fun-play with my friends
Commandment-"Do not be jealous."

If I could go anywhere, I would go to Africa to see Bek and bring him home. 

The person I admire most is Mrs. Schmidt {her kindergarten teacher}

I am currently praying for Bek to be home by his birthday.

I want to thank Jesus that I have a nice family.

One person I'd like to spend a whole day with is Lexi {my cousin}.

The best part about 1st grade is Specials. {She really loves all of it, but she does have a love for the "fine arts"}

The best part of turning seven is that I got my room changed into zebra print.

One thing I wish for is Clara {Beck} to come home because I really miss her.  {Clara is living in Korea where her parents are working for a school there, spreading the love of Jesus to the Korean people! :)}


When I grow up, I want to be an artist.

One thing I want everyone to know about me is that I'm honest.

...................................................................................................................................................................
A Note from your Mommy:

Sweet Melia,

You are such a joy!  When God blessed your Daddy and I with a baby girl seven years ago, we had no idea what a pleasure it would be to be your parents.  You have blessed our lives in so many ways.

We are so proud of the young woman you are becoming.  You are such a bright young lady and we always look forward to visiting with your teacher who has nothing but wonderful things to say about you.  Even when you mess up, you are repentant and are so quick to make things right.  We appreciate your strong will and your focus towards being the absolute best that you can be.

Your heart is beginning to soften towards the Lord...I am seeing it in little things from your reminders to your brother of the ten commandments to your sweet, sincere prayers about those who are important to you.  I know that soon you will be asking Jesus to live in your heart and I really believe that your life will be an amazing force for Him.

Your future is so bright.  You can do anything you set your mind to.  My prayer for you is that you will allow God to lead your path and that you will serve Him diligently.  I also pray for wisdom in parenting you...that I will do the things that point you towards Heaven and that everything I do and say will portray  Christ's love.

I love you so much, sweet girl.  I am so blessed to be your mommy.  I am looking forward to seeing what this year holds for you!





1 comment:

  1. Perfect. She is such a sweet young lady who has such awesome parents!!! Love you....Eden will be giddy to read this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails