Sunday, May 30, 2010

My First Quilt

My sister and brother-in-law, who I'm so proud of, opened their home to their first foster kiddos today. Due to confidentiality sake, I won't say much about the kids except to say that they are precious and we are very blessed to be a part of their little lives. Melia and Camden took right to them and they recipricated their friendship immediately. It is so awesome to see how little kids let their guards down so quickly...oh, to be in that place where we are so vulnerable and freely make ourselves available to other people. I should be so much more like that!


Anyway, Lindsey (my sis) sort of "commissioned" me to make a quilt for them that reflects their obsession, er, uh, love for their MU Tigers. So, here is the final product...
I am thrilled with how it turned out! :) I thought about posting a tutorial and even took a bunch of pictures along the way, but then I decided that others had done it so much better, so I just thought I would give credit where credit is due and post their links.
This is where I learned about doing a patchwork quilt:

http://cloud9fabrics.blogspot.com/2010/01/quilt-in-day-tutorial.html

And this is the post I used for the "binding" and some other general quilting tips:

http://cicadadaydream.blogspot.com/2009/06/simple-tied-quilt-tutorial.html

Hope my new foster niece/nephew love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails