Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Home Study News :)

Blog Entry Disclaimer: Ok, I admit it...I have been a total failure at updating our blog. SO SORRY~ I guess real life is getting in the way of E-life. :) I promise to try to do better at keeping up with it. I've been working on some fun projects, so I have some things lined up to blog about...just have to take the time to do it!

We do have some news on the adoption front! YEA! We have been collecting dossier and home study paperwork and completed everything that we have any control of just over a week ago. We sent our homestudy paperwork and initial home study fee to CHI on Friday, August 27th. They received it on the following Monday, August 30th and sent it to our social worker, Nikki, on Wednesday, September 1st. Nikki and I talked on Thursday evening and we set our dates for our visits. The conversation was a little funny, because she told me that she and the lady at CHI who received our paperwork thought that we set the record for the quickest turnaround of homestudy paperwork. What can I say? I'm anal, er, um, meticulous! :)

Anyway, Nikki will be at our house next Tuesday afternoon, September 14th to meet our kiddos, interview us, and do the walk-through of our house. Then, the following Friday, September 24th, Trev and I will go to Kansas City to meet her for our individual interviews. So, if you are praying for us, please keep those two dates in mind! We are honestly not worried about it. We've never met Nikki, but she is the one who basically gave us all the information that we needed to choose CHI as our agency. We've had several conversations with her and the excitement of meeting her really trumps any nerves we might be feeling (for now, anyway!).

To be honest, although I'm still struggling with letting go and fully trusting that our financial needs will be taken care of (will I ever get past this?!), I'm really ready to get this show on the road!! In some ways it seems so real it knocks my socks off, but in other ways, it seems so far off it is hard to fathom what it will truly be like. Either way, I know that we are following Christ's plan for our family and it is bound to be an AMAZING journey...He promises it in Jeremiah 29:11:


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declaires the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Ah, how I love His promises. What an amazing God we serve!




Photobucket

Because I don't like posts with no pictures, here's a pic of a shirt I made for myself! :) I LOVE how it turned out! :)




Image by FlamingText.com

4 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! I do appreciate your blog updates. Will be praying next week. I talked to Nikki on the phone last week also. She seems super friendly. She called me...b/c I had requested info....not necessarily b/c we are a full "go!". Love ya all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cousin! I love your blog, especially all the craft ideas; you are so talented! I am praying for you and your soon-to-be adopted babies and can't wait to meet the newest editions to the family! Give everyone my love!

    Love,
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Kim, do you want one? Send me an email and let me know! I'd love to gift one to a fellow PAP!! Jnchase311@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails